Online Tips n Tricks

Full Version: Unlock Code HUAWEI E173 Dongle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Please can someone provide the lock code. IMEI is 860016015324879

Once I have the code...how do I use it?

Thx very much from Tommy in London, UK.
hawaii five 0 Wrote:Hi

Please can someone provide the lock code. IMEI is 860016015324879

Once I have the code...how do I use it?

Thx very much from Tommy in London, UK.

Try once 37585400
Just change sim card and message to enter code should appear in connect program.
malin Wrote:Try once 37585400
Just change sim card and message to enter code should appear in connect program.

Hi I tried your code and this software http://winiu.com/support/kk/Mobile%20Par...01.500.zip bu it doesnt work.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thx, Tommy.
hawaii five 0 Wrote:Hi I tried your code and this software http://winiu.com/support/kk/Mobile%20Par...01.500.zip bu it doesnt work.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thx, Tommy.

The code is invalid or what error ?
The code must be invalid.

The software gives me 10 tries, I put the code in and it says 9 tries left.
hawaii five 0 Wrote:The code must be invalid.

The software gives me 10 tries, I put the code in and it says 9 tries left.

Double check if IMEI is good.
Try once this code 18285349
Hi
Thx for your help, I have now sorted. To help anyone else in future to do this for themselves:

After digging around I found this site which worked out lock codes (it gives 3 choices depending on your dongle version so try all three)

https://huaweiunlockcalculator.com/v201-...culator-v3

Then open up hyperterminal on XP as explained here:

1. Hyper Terminal program found under Start> Programs> Accessories> Communications> Hyper Terminal
2. In the "Connection Description" window choose any name, say "Huawei", and press OK.
3. In the "Connect To" window in dropdown "Connect using" select "HUAWEI Mobile Connect - 3G Modem" and click OK.
4. When the "Connect" box appears click Cancel.
5. Go to File>Properties and choose Settings tab. Click ASCII Setup button and check "Echo typed characters locally". Click OK and OK again to close windows.
6. Type AT and press enter. AT and OK should appear in the window.

and then do the following:

AT+CGSN < this command confirms your IMEI

For the unlocking part, try entering:

AT^CARDLOCK?

It should return something like

^CARDLOCK: 2,10,0

where the first digit, a 2, means that the current SIM/network is not blocked by the modem. The second digit 10 means that 10 PIN-entry tries remain.

If you now insert a 3rd party SIM (i.e. one from a network other than that to which it is locked) into the dongle at this point, and again try:

AT^CARDLOCK?

It will probably return something like

^CARDLOCK: 1,10,0

where the first digit, a 1, means that the current SIM/network is blocked by the modem and again the second digit 10 means that 10 PIN-entry tries remain.

Now enter

AT^CARDLOCK="nnnnnnnn"

where nnnnnnnn is the unlock code you obtained above.

With any luck this will unlock your modem, and a repeat of

AT^CARDLOCK?

should return something like

^CARDLOCK: 2,10,0

even with the 3rd-party SIM. Congrats - it's unlocked!
Pls help me to unlock E 173 Imei 860016011982274. Thanks in advance!
Valermus Wrote:Pls help me to unlock E 173 Imei 860016011982274. Thanks in advance!

Try once 98048179